HVAC Service / Install Technician
Maintain, repair, service, and install heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), boiler/hydronics, ventilation, air conditioning (AC) systems and related equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and install ventilation and exhaust systems, air ducts with actuated dampers, remote AC equipment such
- as window units, DX units and all other air tempering equipment.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions by auditory means and testing devices such as meters and probes.
- Listen and look for any abnormalities with the system such as piston slap, oil leakage, and unusual or excessive vibration.
- Trace and troubleshoot control system wiring, connections and ensure that all covers and panels are properly installed.
- Test for refrigerant leaks by means of a halide leak detector, a liquid soap solution, or other approved methods.
- Use oxyacetylene, propane torch for soldering and brazing pipe.
- Estimate and plan the replacement and new installation of AC units and determine what materials are needed.
- Maintain, repair, and install hot water boilers, heat pumps of various tonnages, low-pressure steam boilers, forced air, and other related equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all work.
- Working closely and harmoniously with other employees.
- Performing and documenting complete operational checks for all equipment.
- Adherence to contract requirements, safety and health regulations, and company
- 5 years experience in HVAC system maintenance and repair
- Possession of a valid Massachusetts Driver's License.
- Ability to work a non traditional workweek and perform overtime duties as
- Outstanding technical knowledge, excellent people skills and focus on superior
- Team player; ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with
- May perform work both indoors and outdoors as needed
- May be exposed to inclement weather conditions and other work conditions including excessive heat, cold, wind, snow and storms
- Requires extensive standing, walking, kneeling and bending
- May be periodically required to lift items in excess of 50 lbs
- Frequently exposed to noise, dust, dirt and other related hazards
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC: 5 years (Preferred)
- EPA (Preferred)
- Oil Burner Certification (Required)
- United States (Required)