Community Support Colleague - Specialized Housing (Andover and Newburyport locations)
American Training is seeking a full-time Community Support Colleague for our Specialized Housing branch in Newburyport. This person provides direct care and affirms the dignity of all Guests and Residents by supporting their right to participate in their communities as productive workers, valued neighbors and friends. The Community Support Colleague must support the mission of American Training, Inc. of “Bringing out the best in everyone we touch” and the goal of fostering a fun and entertaining work environment. This individual facilitates contacts and linkages in the community to strengthen goals outlined in the Individual Service Plan. Fosters community membership and facilitates full community integration in accordance with person centered plans. They develop data based, monthly progress reporting and quarterly progress summations, ensuring specific timelines and quality standards are met.
The Community Support Colleague maintains maximum safety conditions and cleanliness standards in accordance with licensing standards and program procedures. They provide support to Residents in the maintenance of their homes including such tasks as: cooking meals, shopping, cleaning and laundry, and supports, encourage and ensure that personal preferences, goals and aspirations are a part of every Resident’s lives on a daily basis.
Who's a great fit for the Community Support Colleague position? American Training is looking for people with the following experience and skills:
- Degree preferred, degree may be waived if experience indicates competence.
- At least two years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, contingent upon consumer’s needs, which may include evenings, weekends, early AM shifts and Holidays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and use of personal vehicle.
- Must attend and successfully complete Medication Administration Program, EPI Pen, First Aid/CPR, Fire Safety, CPI, Human Rights and OSHA.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Frequent walking, standing and driving.
- Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds.
We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for advocating for American Training Guests, to ensure that they are receiving quality services while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.
American Training, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, life and disability, generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays, a dynamic, fun work environment, and much more!