Developmental Specialist (Wakefield, MA)
American Training, Inc. is seeking a Developmental Specialist to carry out the day to-day activities of the program, including programming, data collection and record keeping, and caring for the personal needs of the Guests. This Colleague teaches, trains, guides and directs Guests individually and in groups to reinforce skills, learn new skills and to increase independence for attainment of Day Habilitation Service Plan goals. They regularly observe Guests’ behavior and performance and provide reports, updates and general observations to the Program Director and Interdisciplinary Team. The Developmental Specialist maintains a regular caseload, ensuring all documentation is completed in a timely manner which may include: daily data collection, monthly progress notes, quarterly notes, day habilitation service plans, severity profiles, service needs assessments.
We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for advocating for American Training Guests, to ensure that they are receiving quality services while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.
- Bachelor's degree + 1 year of experience in the Developmental Disabilities field, or 2 years of relevant experience with no degree.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate paperwork necessary for mandated record keeping.
- Use the highest standard of ethical conduct at all times, this includes respecting the confidentiality of Colleagues and Guests.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Participate in a workplace climate that celebrates and encourages diversity.
- Maintain an excellent training record by positively completing all training requirements.
- Positively promote the image of Guests with developmental disabilities and American Training, Inc.
- A valid driver’s license, the use of a personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and a satisfactory CORI are required.
We offer a competitive benefits package; medical and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, generous earned time off, paid holidays and vacation, a fun work environment, and much more.