Medical Appointment Colleague (Andover, MA)
American Training, Inc. is seeking a Medical Appointment Colleague to support the mission of the Developmental Services Branch by affirming the dignity of all Guests and Residents and supporting their right to participate in their communities as productive workers, valued neighbors and friends . This Colleague supports Residents in the community during medical appointments, and produces written documentation using Sharepoint, email and medical logs. Must be knowledgeable in the areas of Human Right and confidentiality, and of the MAP program. This Colleague facilitates contacts in the local healthcare community to strengthen health and wellness goals as outlined by the treatment team, and foster community relationships to aid in full integration with all health care services.
- Degree preferred, degree may be waived if experience indicates competence.
- Minimum of a High School diploma required.
- At least two years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred. Residential experience a plus. Experience may be waived if additional education indicates competence.
- Provide the necessary transportation for Residents to access all facilities where medical appointments are located.
- Must attend and successfully complete Medication administration Program, Epi-pen, First Aid/CPR, Fire Safety, CPI, Human Rights and OSHA.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours at various houses.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for advocating for American Training Guests, to ensure that they are receiving quality services while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.
We offer a competitive benefits package; medical and dental insurance, life and disabiltiy insurance, generous earned time off, paid holidays and vacation, a fun work environment, and much more.