Shift Leader (Newburyport, MA)
American Training, Inc . is seeking a full-time Shift Leader in our Newburyport, MA residential home supporting Adults with Disabilities. In this role, you will assist the Residential Manager in the daily operations of the Program to meet agency standards.
- Collaborate and assist Residential Manager in the daily operations of the Program to assist and guide Colleagues to complete required documentation on medical, behavioral and community goals from their Individual Support Plan (ISP) and help individuals in their day-to-day life to achieve their goals.
- Monitor and assist Colleagues to ensure that daily operations on shift are completed and meet agency standards
- Facilitate contacts and linkages in the community to strengthen goals outlined in the Individual Service Plan. Fosters community membership and facilitates full community integration in accordance with person centered plans
- Develop data based, monthly progress reporting and quarterly progress summations
- Accurately and timely records financial information
- Handles Resident’s funds in accordance with American Training, Inc. financial policies and procedures
- Adhere to Specialized Housing policies and procedures in regards to development and maintenance of Resident’s individual records and clinical/behavioral and health documentation
- Maintain maximum safety conditions and cleanliness standards at all times within the appropriate areas in accordance with licensing standards and program procedures as outlined by administrative Colleagues. This includes ensuring outside areas are safe and free of snow and ice during winter months to ensure safe evacuation from the house at all times
- Fosters an environment of empowerment and choice for all Residents
- Supports, encourages and ensures that personal preferences, goals and aspirations are a part of every Resident’s lives on a daily basis
- Oversees all monthly progress reports to ensure consistency between goals reported and objectives in the service plan and any treatment plans
- Track, document an interface with local pharmacies to ensure proper medication supplies and storage for all program participants
- Provide support to Residents in the maintenance of their homes including such tasks as cooking meals, shopping, cleaning and laundry
We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for advocating for American Training Guests, to assure that they are receiving a level of support consistent with best practices while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.