- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and install ventilation and exhaust systems, air ducts with actuated dampers, remote AC equipment such as window units, DX units and all other air tempering equipment.
- Lay out work and measure to locate position of pipe from drawings or other written specifications
- Cut various sizes of pipe to correct lengths with oxyacetylene torch or pipe cutting machines, snap cutters or saws, thread pipe with power threading machines or hand dies. Assemble pipe with couplings and fasten pipe to hangers and make standard tests to determine whether finished pipes meet specifications
- Listen and look for any abnormalities with the system such as piston slap, oil leakage, and unusual or excessive vibration.
- Study building plans and work drawings to determine materials needed, work aids required and sequence of installation.
- Locate and mark position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings using hand and/or power tools.
- Assemble and install valves, pipefittings, and pipes composed of metals such as iron, steel and brass and nonmetals such as glass and plastic.
- Join pipe by use of threaded joints, flanges, fittings, solder, plastic solvent welds, and caulked joints.
- Fill pipe system with water or air and read pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Trace and troubleshoot control system wiring, connections and ensure that all covers and panels are properly installed.
- Test for refrigerant leaks by means of a halide leak detector, a liquid soap solution, or other approved methods.
- Use oxyacetylene, propane torch for soldering and brazing pipe.
- Maintain, repair, and install hot water boilers, heat pumps of various tonnages,
- low-pressure steam boilers, forced air, and other related equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all work.
- Working closely and harmoniously with other employees.
- Performing and documenting complete operational checks for all equipment.
- Adherence safety and health regulations, and company policies.
- Familiarity with HVAC system maintenance and repair
- Possession of a valid Journeyman Plumbing License and Massachusetts Driver's License.
- Ability to work a non traditional workweek and perform overtime duties as
- Outstanding technical knowledge, excellent people skills and focus on superior
- Team player; ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others.
- May perform work both indoors and outdoors as needed
- May be exposed to inclement weather conditions and other work conditions including excessive heat, cold, wind, snow and storms
- Requires extensive standing, walking, kneeling and bending
- May be periodically required to lift items in excess of 50 lbs
- Frequently exposed to noise, dust, dirt and other related hazards
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC Install: 3 years (Required)
- Journeyman Plumber (Preferred)